Surplus Furniture and Equipment Furnishings FREE to Regional Center Consumers!
With the upcoming closures of Developmental Centers, DDS has announced that surplus personal equipment, furnishings, and supplies from those centers will be made available to individuals served by a regional center. Items will be available for free and on a “first come, first served” basis. Each individual wanting to pick up certain items will be responsible for pick-up and delivery to their homes. Here are some examples of what will be available:
- Games, Sports, and Leisure Items: Hobby supplies, sports equipment, patio furniture, outdoor recreation items, arts and crafts supplies, beach chairs, video and music CD’s, gardening tools and supplies, etc.
- Furniture: Beds, wardrobes, nightstands, end tables, coffee tables, book cases, tables, chairs, armoires, TV stands, stools, and similar type items.
- Décor, Fixtures, and Accessories: Wall art, pictures, decorations, knickknacks, silk plants, small appliances and electronics, shelving, rugs, etc.
- Supportive Equipment: Wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, braces, small medical devices, and associated supplies, etc.
- Clothing, Personal Items, and other: Jeans, shirts, dresses, coats, hats, belts, etc.
DDS is planning on setting up a display warehouse at Fairview Developmental Center beginning in February. It will be open for people to peruse the items on the first Tuesday and Thursdays of the month. More detailed information on this will be coming soon. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about specific inventory, you may reach out to Mr. Robert Sterling at Robert.Sterling@fdc.dds.ca.gov. He may also be reached via phone at (760) 831-7548. There is a great deal of inventory and it will be rotated through on a regular basis so if you do not find something the first time, you may want to check back with Mr. Sterling at a later date. You may also contact your Service Coordinator for further information.
Example of items available: