It is the mission of ELARC to serve individuals with developmental disabilities and their families by promoting partnerships which empower them to achieve meaningful and fulfilling lifestyles in their communities. ELARC continues to be committed to person centered practices through organizational change, as well as promoting person centered tools within the community.
ELARC Training on Person Centered Practices
ELARC offers regular training sessions on Person Centered Practices to our service provider community. Adult consumers and family members are also welcome. View the 2019 flyers for details:
Your IPP and Person Centered Practices
Ahead of your Individual Program Plan (IPP) meeting, your service coordinator should mail you a PCT one-page profile. Completing this one-page profile helps you prepare for a person centered approach to the meeting and helps the Service Coordinator in finalizing an IPP that is person centered. The one page profiles are provided below in these languages:
- One Page Profile - English
- One Page Profile - Spanish
- One Page Profile - Chinese
- One Page Profile - Vietnamese
- One Page Profile - Korean
More Information on Person Centered Practices
- HCBS Final Rule and How it is Supported by Person-Centered Planning: This training was provided in September by the California Department of Developmental Services (DDS), in partnership with Public Consulting Group and Support Development Associates. This was an introduction to person-centered thinking, and a review of the person-centered service planning requirements specified in the HCBS Final Rule. View the PowerPoint presentation.
- The "Learning Community" is an international organization committed to providing information and resources on Person Centered Practices. Click the link for more details: http://tlcpcp.com/
- "How I want to Spend my Time" fillable booklet. This booklet helps you tell agencies and providers about your goals and how you want to spend your time. The agency’s and provider’s job is to help you accomplish what is important to you. View the booklet here.