Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center will continue to operate during the “Safer at Home” order in place for Los Angeles County.  The ELARC office buildings will be closed to the public beginning Friday, March 20, 2020. Our main number is (626) 299-4700. The best way to reach your Service Coordinator is by email or phone, view the staff phone list here.  We want you to stay safe and be well. Additional information is available at ELARC/COVID-19.

Respite FAQ

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

This page is still under development, check back for updates.  Listed below are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding Respite Services.  If you have a question that is not listed below, please email You may also view the ELARC Respite Fact Sheet (English with Spanish), or click here to view the ELARC Respite Fact Sheet in English with Chinese.

  • What is a vendor record review?

    A Vendor Record Review is a review conducted by the service coordinator to assess a vendor’s compliance with the Title 17 California Code of Regulations.
  • When are the vendor record reviews conducted?

    Vendor Record Reviews are conducted at the time of the Individual Program Plan (IPP), which is usually during the consumer’s birth month.
  • Should I keep copies of the Respite Services Billing Forms or any other forms (DS 1811)?

    Yes, You should keep copies of all respite records for at least five years, from the final care provider claim you submit.
  • Should I keep proof of payments I have made to my respite worker(s)?

    Yes, You should keep proof of payment that you have made, such as canceled checks or receipts signed by the respite worker.
  • Does my respite worker need to have a social security number?

    Yes, the respite worker must possess a valid social security card or proof of eligibility for employment.
  • What are my responsibilities as an employer?

    You are responsible to be in compliance with all state and federal laws regarding employment business and tax regulations or laws. The ELARC will not be responsible to provide this information to you.
  • Should I have a 1099 or W-2 Form for each of my Respite Workers?

    Yes, you must maintain a copy of either a 1099 or W-2 that you have issued for any of the respite worker who earned $600 or more during the past calendar year.